Dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world, we launched the Wonderful Community Grants Program in 2015. These grants supports local nonprofits, schools, and other organizations in California’s Central Valley, where the majority of our employees live and work.
The community grants are an essential part of our philanthropic work and a dynamic catalyst for change. Grants range from $5,000 to $50,000 and are awarded in three areas: health and wellness, family support, and community beautification.
We are incredibly grateful for the generous and timely support from The Wonderful Company. Thanks to their investment, we will have enough funding to establish a center in Mendota.
Dr. Jeannemarie Caris-McManus, MBA, PhD.
CEO of Westside Family Preservation Services
Since its inception, the Wonderful Community Grants program has donated over $6 million to hundreds of organizations and schools in the Central Valley. In 2021, grant recipients included 32 nonprofit organizations who will receive a total of $1.2 million in grants to help further their missions and programs. Some of those grant recipients include:
- Central California Food Bank: Distributing free, fresh produce to 22,440 people in Avenal.
- 746 Sports Foundation: Providing summer camp recreational and learning activities for 150 kids in grades K–8 in Delano, Shafter, and Wasco.
- City of Delano: Replacing the lights at the Delano tennis courts so that court open hours may be extended, and opportunities for the community to play are increased.
- Boys & Girls Club of Del Rey: Providing after-school programming five days a week for kids ages 6 to 18.
- Adventure Risk Challenge: Supporting Firebaugh students with a two-year outdoor and academic Community Leadership Program.
- Teens That Care: Training 500 students in grades 1–6 on general safety practices for bike and scooter riding in Mendota and providing a helmet for each participant.
- Junior Achievement of Northern California: Improving the financial literacy of middle and high school students in Sanger with Economics and Personal Finance courses.
- Community Action Partnership of Kern: Distributing free, fresh produce to thousands of people in Delano, Shafter, and Wasco.
- Kern County Library: Providing books, resources, and literacy programs to 96,245 community members in Wasco, Delano, and Lost Hills, as well as a Sprinter van that will be converted into a library on wheels for outreach events.
Our long-valued partnership with The Wonderful Company has grown even more vital during this time of unprecedented need, and we are thankful for their continued support of the youth of Del Rey. This commitment to the educational opportunities we provide allows us to increase the number of kids we serve by 50% over the next two years.
President of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Fresno County
For more detailed information, visit: wonderfulcommunitygrants.com.