The COVID-19 pandemic hit California’s Central Valley particularly hard and generated a host of challenges for our employees, their families, and their communities. We knew we had to quickly mobilize support. From securing access to food and essential supplies to protecting our brave health care workers, we provided valuable resources, including:
- 500,000 grab-and-go meals, including breakfast and lunch for all employees and their families
- 90,000 employee family baskets delivered weekly, full of essential supplies and food
- Over 10,000 bottles of hand sanitizer given to employees and their families
- 1.6 million Halos donated to Kern County schools, Central Valley hospitals, and local food banks
- Internet access, school supplies, and more than 10,000 novels and storybooks to 4,500 students in the rural towns we serve
We also launched an aggressive testing program right from the onset of the pandemic.
We quickly developed a custom contact tracing protocol, and we began employee testing on March 9. Over 10,000 tests were conducted in 2020. In 2021, the Wonderful Health & Wellness team began helping vaccinate eligible employees and members of the community immediately, administering nearly 10,000 vaccines to employees, their families, and the entire community. These efforts helped ensure our Central Valley rural neighborhoods remained healthy and safe.